Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Favorite Quotes

I've been tagged by DreamSwept to share five of my favorite quotes from the books I have read. As I am an avid reader who keeps a notebook handy to transcribe quotes I like as I read, therefore, I may provide more than five.

"There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one." --C.S. Lewis That Hideous Strength



". . . regardless of a man's system. he has to live in God's world."
--Francis Schaeffer The God Who is There



"I don't think you could dream anything that hadn't something real like it somewhere."
--George MacDonald At The Back of the North Wind




"Opinions are preferences amid options. Convictions are woven into one's conscience."
--Ravi Zacharias Beyond Opinion


"We must be willing to get to the foundations of our experience. If we remain content to decorate the interior of the house of knowledge and pay no attention to the structure and foundation stones of the that house, we will find that the dry rot of absurdity and the rising damp of the unexamined assumptions are fatal to the structure. "-- Joe Boot Why I Still Believe

"To posit evil presupposes an ultimate standard of good."
--Joe Boot Why I Still Believe

"And God acts justly from within, not in obedience to some imaginary law; He is the Author of all laws, and acts like Himself all of the time."
-- A. W. Tozer The Attributes of God, Vol 1


"Only Supernaturalists really see Nature. You must go a little away from her, and then turn around and look back. Then at last the true landscape will become visible. You must have tasted, however briefly the pure water from beyond the world before you can be distinctly conscious of the hot salty tang of Nature's current. To treat her as God, or as Everything, is to lose the whole pith and pleasure of her." --C.S. Lewis Miracles